Center for Social Sciences at Tbilisi State University is pleased to host the Third Regional CESS Conference on July 20-21, 2012.
The Central Eurasian Studies Society (CESS) is a private, non-political, non-profit, North America-based organization of scholars who are interested in the study of Central Eurasia, and its history, languages, cultures, and modern states and societies. For further information on CESS, please refer to www.centraleurasia.org
The Third Regional Conference will take place in Tbilisi State University I building, rooms #06, 101, 107, 115; 3 Chavchavadze Ave, Tbilisi Georgia. Conference program will feature approximately 25 panels, and there will also be a supplementary program including a reception and a keynote speaker.
For conferfence program, please visit: www.centraleurasia.org/2012-regional-conference-preliminary-program/
Useful Information for Participants
All conference participants are responsible for making their own arrangements for travel and accommodations. Neither CSS nor CESS subsidizes travel and accommodations for conference participants. Though we offer useful information regarding how to orientate in Tbilisi:
Transfer from Tbilisi airport to the city center can be arranged in several ways:
1. Use train from the airport to Tbilisi Central Station - cost 0.50 Gel (0.25 Euro)
2. Take a shuttle (bus #37) - cost 0.50 Gel (0.25 Euro)
3. Get a taxi outside the airport, or call: +995 32 2511511 - cost is 20 GEL (10 Euro)
4. Order transfer at the hotel - depends upon the hotel prices
5. Oder a transfer online - www.airport-transfer.ge
Getting around Tbilisi:
Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University (TSU) is located in the city center - 1 Chavchavadze Avenue. It is easy to find using the map downloaded here.
For more information about moving around or outside Tbilisi, please visit: www.info-tbilisi.com/usefulinfos/busroutes/, use taxi service - www.info-tbilisi.com/usefulinfos/taxi/ or download Tbilisi Underground route.
1. Hotel Demi is the closest hotel to Tbilisi State University. It is about 5 minutes walk to TSU I building where the conference will take place. It is a small 7 room family hotel oriented for a business travelers and tourists. To book a room, call +995 32 222 06 19 / +995 32 225 26 61, or visit the hotel website: www.demi-hotel.com
2. Holiday Inn is also located nearby the University Campus; it is about 10-15 minutes to walk to TSU. For reservation please call: +995 32 230 00 99 or visit their website: www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/tbilisi
3. Tbilisi Marriott and Courtyard Marriott are also located in the city center. It will take about 20-25 minutes to walk from Tbilisi Marriott to TSU, though busses # 140, 88, 61, are also available to get to TSU. Courtyard Marriott is about 300 meters away from Tbilisi Marriott. The rooms in both hotels can be ordered online using their web-sites: www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/tbsmc-tbilisi-marriott-hotel/ andwww.marriott.com/hotels/travel/tbscy-courtyard-tbilisi/, or via telephone reservation: +995 32 277 91 00
In addition there are number of small hotels and guesthouses. For the list, please visit: www.info-tbilisi.com/hotels/
There are number of small cafes and restaurants near the University Campus. Those willing to taste Georgian traditional cuisine can easily do it at:
50 Chavchavadze Ave
+995 32 236 53 65
77 Kostava St.
+995 32 236 38 80
Mtkvari right coast, Vakhushti Bridge
+995 555 20 77 00
Near TSU, just across the street there are several Italian restaurants and pizzerias:
5 Kekelidze st.
+995 32 223 52 05
7 Paliashvili Ave.
+995 322 2 99 97 23
14 Paliashvili St
+995 32 2 47 85 58
For further information regarding cafes and restaurants, please visit:
Other Useful links: